Friday, August 02, 2013

HappyUP!!! Day 2373


HappyUP!!! - train crossing
Why it happened - I caught a break
Why it makes me happy - this is a perfect demonstration of a HappyUP!!! I have 2 convenient places to cross the track. The train and I were travelling in the same direction. It just caught my first option and tripped the crossing arms.  I caught the green light there.....and went to the next option....which involves a left hand turn signal.....the signal turned in perfect timing for me to safely cross....and not have to wait for the train.  Most people don't appreciate it when lights do that......but they sure would grouse if the light went red....it's a "no win" for many.  My postulate: if you are going to bitch about something going wrong.....you have to celebrate that same thing when it goes right.

HappyUP!!! - limiting the damages
Why it happened - I played the last 4 holes 1 under par
Why it makes me happy - it was a tough day....one of those one's where every little break goes against you....which can lead to poor scoring.....and a huge loss.  Got things turned around and "brought it home strong"!  Who wouldn't LOVE that!!!

HappyUP!!! - that 5 iron on 17
Why it happened - skills
Why it makes me happy - we really needed THAT shot...and that putt.  The hole was playing long today

JJ
Drive/4 iron/bunker shot 1.....pitch shot 2....4 iron/wedge 3....drive/wedge/putt/BIRDIE 4...bunker shot/putt 5....wedge 6...drive/7 iron 7....bunker shot/putt/SANDY 8....recovery 7 iron 9....drive/4 iron/bunker shot 11....bunker shot 12...cut off wedge 14....drive/wedge 15....recovery 6 iron/chip/putt 16.....5 iron/putt/BIRDIE 17....drive/recovery 8 iron/chutt 18

Limiting the damages
Catching a good bre

No comments: