Sunday, May 16, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1203


HappyUP!!! - shopping carts
Why it happened - I grabbed one from the return bin out in the parking lot
Why it makes me happy - I have a pet peeve. It is about people that can't return their
cart to the convenient places the grocery stores leave them for us to return them to. We are so lucky here in the US to have grocery stores fully stocked....yet...we can't return our carts to the store...carts that have been provided to us. We can't even return them to the appropriate stall that the grocery store leaves for us. Today....I grabbed a cart from the return stall that was quite a distance from the store....and I used it for my shopping. NO...doesn't make me Mother Teresa....but I felt good that I saved someone the work of bringing that cart back in.

HappyUP!!! - great phone call
Why it happened - my buddy had some time
Why it makes me happy - we laughed....covered some serious stuff....and laughed some more. The important thing?....we laughed.

HappyUP!!! - volunteer plants
Why it happened - I weeded the garden...finally
Why it makes me happy - I usually just pull out volunteer plants from the previous year. I had so many today, it made me think...here I was...buying plants a month ago....same ones that I had last year....and last year's tomatoes/potatoes/and, I think, peppers.....have struggled through to go another round. I have begun a transplant process. I am going to move all of the "volunteers to the 'land of misfit toys' " and see how they do against the store bought plants. Lets see how the underdogs do against the favorites.

JollyJottings

Weeding...believe it or not
Sharks game
Gorgeous weather
A great phone conversation
Brekko and reading
Shopping carts

No comments: