Thursday, May 13, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1200


HappyUP!!! - absolutely GORGEOUS weather
Why it happened - it's weather
Why it makes me happy - I play in an invitational golf tournament with my brother at his club every year. Even though it is mid-May....there are times it has been 100 degrees. Trust me...100 degrees in mid-May in NorCal is a bit miserable. We don't do humidity here but, because we still have some moisture in the ground...and we aren't used to the heat all of a sudden, it can be brutal. Today....the weather was as good as it can get.

HappyUP!!! - being with my bro on the golf course
Why it makes me happy - he played better than me
Why it makes me happy - we are brothers. I love that we aren't competitive with each other over our golf skills. Usually, when we are both playing day in and day out, I am "better" than he is.....but we never talk about that....it doesn't matter. This is his invitational. Even though I could have played better, he had a good round under the "big event" today. Nice to see.

HappyUP!!! - mowing the lawn
Why it happened - I left "the party"
Why it makes me happy - we have three days of this invitational. Day 1 features a lot of debaucharious fun in the evening......men...beer...poker. I have nothing against it....I just don't like hangovers...........and, with more festivities and little time this weekend......I'm thrilled that my lawn is freshly cut tonight!

HappyUP!!! - crucial shots in "horserace"
Why it happened - sometimes...I know what I am doing on the golf course
Why it makes me happy - the horserace is as much pressure as you get in "fun" golf. I stepped it up with a fabulous chip...solid 8 iron.....awesome putt...decent 3 wood. Performing under pressure.

JollyJottings

Opening wedge shot
Inspirational text message
Lawn Cut for weekend
Crucial shots in horserace

No comments: