Friday, June 19, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 874

HappyUP!!! - a walk turned to hike
Why it happened - I made a road trip
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't gone hiking for some time. A friend of mine suggested we take a walk up to the high lake.....no one goes up there and we could go swimming. Sounded good to me. We set off and somehow veered off to the vertical trail. It was a darn good workout. By the time we got back, I was wiped out....in a good way.

HappyUP!!! - arriving home
Why it happened - road trip today
Why it makes me happy - my trip out took a bit over 2 hours...I was breezin. I caught some traffic on the way back and it made it a return of nearly 3 hours. Not much of a HappyUP!!! there....EXCEPT that feeling when you pull in the driveway...."back home...ahhhhh!"

HappyUP!!! - a dip in the high lake
Why it happened - it was there
Why it makes me happy - ever gone on a hike with some elevation and had a pond or lake on the other side? I've done it a couple of times. Today, I jumped into that deserted lake....and that water was perfect. Warm on top....slightly cooler below....and no, "crap, this is cold!" upon entry.
Ahhhhhhh.......

HappyUP!!! - a great lunch
Why it happened - my friend put it together
Why it makes me happy - I didn't grab any breakfast.....then took off on the aforementioned hike. When you get into that kind of situation, any food is going to taste better.....but a great sandwich gets elevated to hall of fame status! Plus, there was enough bread to toss out to the wild geese that came visiting.....wondering just how wild they were, though. They seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about placing themselves in our proximity at lunchtime.

JollyJottings

Great sandwich
Getting back home

No comments: