Thursday, June 18, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 873

HappyUP!!! - putting the club champion on the ropes
Why it happened - today was our match in this year's club championship
Why it makes me happy - I was the last seed in the championship flight. This was not even supposed to be a contest. I was 1 up through 13 holes.....even with him through 15....due to him sneaking in a 27 foot bomb of a putt to tie me on that hole. He then put on the pressure by hitting the shot on the next hole to about 15 feet. I stepped up and hit it closer than that.....BOOM! Unfortunately, he made his putt and I didn't. I caught a bad break on 17 and that was the match. Yeah...I wanted to win but nobody thought the match would go the distance.

HappyUP!!! - exceptional short game shots
Why it happened - I have been playing this game for awhile
Why it makes me happy - when you can knock the ball out of bunkers, off of hardpan, over a hill...down a hill...up a hill......and then make the putt to save par, it's a HappyUP!!! every time.
Fabulous shots.....crafty shots.

HappyUP!!! - comedy club
Why it happened - a buddy invited me
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't seen standup in some time. There is a new club in town....a half hour from my place. Funny stuff!

No comments: