Saturday, November 29, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 671

HappyUP!!! - seeing my friend, RC, and getting some tips
Why it happened - he was at the club and I went out of my way to pick his brain
Why it makes me happy - RC is a good player. He knows how to hit a shot that I need to hit. He also likes to share his golfing knowledge. I immediately practiced what he was talking about. Give me a little time..I'll get there. RC also thanked me for playing in Scratch League and helping our club get to the playoffs. I won't be there for the finals as I must defer to the better players at our club. He was encouraging about me getting my game where it needs to be. He also made a subtle comment that I will remember regarding mental attitude.

HappyUP!!! - a lot of good shots
Why it happened - we had a money game going on, my partner wasn't playing well, and I needed to step up
Why it makes me happy - I held my own with one of the better players at the club. I could have played a bit better...I'll get there.

HappyUP!!! - walk in the dark
Why it happened - I got up early and took a 5 a.m. walk
Why it makes me happy - Thoreau liked to walk and think....that came to my mind this morning. There is something about walking in the quiet that promotes thinking. No, Roseville is no Walden Pond but, at 5 a.m. in the dark, everywhere looks the same.

JollyJottings

Our five man game
Drive and 2nd shot on 1
Drive on 2...4...5...8....9...11...18
Sand shot on 12....7
Hybid chip 10
Chip on 11
Two putt on 12
Birdie putt on 15
8 iron on 15
Hack out of the rough on 16...putt on 16
9 iron into 18
Tip from R.C......and a comment
Sunshine afternoon
Practice session after round
E-mail from E....S
Call from Boz

No comments: