Saturday, November 08, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 650...18 at my course...18 at another course

Geez - with a schedule like that, the golf course is pretty much the only place to get a HappyUP!!! today. It's the only place I was at.

HappyUP!!! - Scratch League
Why it happened - I guess my club was desperate
Why it makes me happy - they played at the course that I grew up on today....and my club needed me to play. I won my match...shot a respectable score....and met a couple of nice guys that provided a very enjoyable afternoon of golf.

HappyUP!!! - teeing it up with the Boz
Why it happened - he showed up on time
Why it makes me happy - Boz has been MIA out on the golf course for the last couple of weeks. It was good to have him in the group so he could receive another butt kicking.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 15
Why it happened - I strategized
Why it makes me happy - I didn't try to knock it on this par 5 in 2. I laid it back...considerably back...and I got to the exact distance that I like for hitting a 60 degree wedge....and then I hit the 60 degree wedge close and made the birdie. WOW! It was like something out of TV. I have now birdied this hole twice in a row.....after more than a month of not birdieing it. We'll see what I put together tomorrow.

JollyJottings

Teeing up with the Boz
Waking early
Two birdies this morning
Second birdie in a row on 15
Winning my match for my team
Playing a steady round on a foreign course
The guys I played with in the match

No comments: