Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 654

HappyUP!!! - golf environment
Why it happened - I decided to tee it up on a whim
Why it makes me happy - I was greeted with playful banter from the cart guy....hit a couple of balls really quickly....and then played 18 holes in gorgeous weather by myself with NO ONE in front of me.

HappyUP!!! - driving range after the round
Why it happened - I didn't hit it very well today
Why it makes me happy - I think I figured some things out. One of the guys from the pro shop was hitting balls next to me....he saw the quality in the swing. It's getting there again....and needs to....now!

HappyUP!!! - the golf shots
Why it happened - I played golf
Why it makes me happy - when you hit the shots "just right," the feeling is incredible. Today, I had a bunch of them. The problem is the disparity between the good shots and the bad shots has increased. In the meantime, I played 4 perfectly. Same thing on 8, 9, and 10. I hit a fabulous little wedge into 15. The 7 iron on 16 was perfectly struck. You can play a lot of rounds where you don't have any "purity." I just need to keep plugging.

HappyUP!!! - trading texts with a buddy
Why it happened - I was thinking
Why it makes me happy - hadn't seen my friend for awhile. Due to the text, we'll get together for lunch in the near future. While golf can provide a lot of HappyUP!!!s, the best HappyUP!!!'s is just getting together with people.


JollyJottings

Up early
Meeting with T
2 hours to play golf
Great iron on 16
Solid wedge on 15
Great play on hole 4
Drive and 8 iron on 8
Super 9 iron into 10
Driving range afterward
Comments by J on the range
Post office automation
Dry Cleaner

No comments: