Friday, November 14, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 656



HappyUP!!! - Darren LaCroix
Why it happened - I was on the undercard of an engagement where he was the featured speaker
Why it makes me happy - OK...I had to do StandUp Comedy....I can be a funny guy but Stand Up is an entirely different deal. First...there were over 100 people in the audience....that's only about 98 more than are usually in front of me when I cut up. Second... StandUP is not spontaneous. It can be but it's not for the most part. It is a learned and practiced skill. Anyway, at the break before he went on, Darren sought me out and gave me a heartfelt "attaboy" along with a tip. He didn't have to do that....but it meant alot. THIS is what we all need to do.

HappyUP!!! - getting the Stand Up deal done
Why it happened - I was volunteered
Why it makes me happy - I was funny enough....can't say I was hysterical....I had a couple of clangers, "is that the ceiling fan I hear?....it can't be...I just delivered my punch line."

HappyUP!!! - my fellow entertainers
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - we were all huddled together backstage....a bunch of amateurs thrown into the realm NOT of speakers, which we are used to at Toastmasters, but entertainers. All of us were out of our comfort zone...but we were there together. Nobody was putting on airs or trying to outdo the other person. It was community.

HappyUP!!! - pitching in with the hybrid
Why it happened - I missed a green
Why it makes me happy - I should not be making the shots that I do with this club. Today, on the 13th hole, I was 10 ft short of the green on the right side. The hole was cut 35 feet ON the green on the left side...WITH a huge ridge in the way. This means the ball had to travel over 50 feet because there was a good 6 feet of break in this shot.........and I watched the entire time going, "Wow...that's pretty good....I wonder...hmmm....could that go in....nah...well....wait.......YOWSER!" I am gaining quite the reputation as the hybrid guy.

No comments: