Monday, January 28, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 366


HappyUP!!! - a stagecoach

Why it happened - I had a meeting downtown where there was a museum in the lobby

Why it makes me happy - c'mon....take a peek at the picture. Even if you have seen this a million times, doesn't this just put a smile on your face? If for no other reason, YOU don't have to ride in one of these to get where you need to go!


HappyUP!!! - GPS

Why it happened - I packed my Garmin

Why it makes me happy - I got into the rental car at 10:30pm last night in Bakersfield. My eyesight for night driving is not that sharp. Mix in no confidence for where I am at and you end up with no confidence driving. That little Garmin took me right to my hotel....and I was in the middle of nowhere for awhile.

HappyUP!!! - Love in the Time of Cholera

Why it happened - I bought it

Why it makes me happy - this is the second book I have read from Gabriel Garcia Marquez. My plane was delayed so I got to read a lot yesterday. The words that this man uses are pure poetry. Perhaps this has something to do with this being a Nobel Prize winner. Perdition, plebiean, pestilential stench, perverse lucidity, frofundity, insolence, insipid (one of my favorites), imperious, propitious (another favorite), profligate, etc. Yet, amidst these words, the story is enhanced and never lost. It is an incredible story.

No comments: