Friday, January 04, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 342


HappyUP!!! - a nasty, nasty storm
Why it happened - nature does that
Why it makes me happy - when nature does what nature does, it let's us know who is really in charge around here. It's humbling. All of a sudden, all the "all so important" things we do aren't so important anymore.

(Really sorry my brother had to lose the tree in his front yard. As you can tell, I wasn't sorry enough to get out of the truck and do anything....yes, that is the antennae of my truck you see....hey, there wasn't anything I could do. What? Was I supposed to lift the thing up and re-root it?)


HappyUP!!! - MEXICAN FOOD!
Why it happened - my nephew stopped by and said he, my bro/sis, and another couple were going to Carmelitas. I hadn't been there in awhile
Why it makes me happy - real food! OK....shame on me. I am on a cleanse. This was in violation. I was ready to eat my piece of salmon at home...but I didn't. I am happy that I only had ONE item along with the rice and beans.....I was the only one at the table that did that.

HappyUP!!! - haircut
Why it happened - I do get my haircut
Why it makes me happy - I am now being known at the barbershop....even if it is as "the banker." It's a weird cast of eclectic characters down at the ear lowering joint....I fit right in. It's kind of like a Cheers thing...where everybody knows your name...even if mine is "the banker."

No comments: