Saturday, August 06, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1650


HappyUP!!! - nice drive
Why it happened - I was in team play
Why it makes me happy - I thought it may be a little too warm. NOPE! It was just right driving up to the golf course........and, by the time we got done, it was just right coming back home to have the top dropped for a lovely wind-in-the-hair experience

HappyUP!!! - drive/wedge on 1
Why it happened - I just went for it
Why it makes me happy - the first hole at this course is a little tight. A lot of guys took a hybrid off the first tee. I went with the Big Stick.......and was rewarded with a great start.

HappyUP!!! - winning my match
Why it happened - steely nerves and a will to win
Why it makes me happy - neither my opponent or I played well. After 16 holes at HIS home course, we were locked dead even. I made a GREAT pitch shot on 17 to give me a par to go up by one. On 18, he had a clear shot to the green. I had to hit a low running punch under a tree with a bit of hook to it from 170 yards.......and I ran that puppy up to within 15 feet of the pin...game...set...match. Love performing under pressure!

HappyUP!!! - "he's sinking into the guacamole of his own deception"
Why it happened - I was invited to watch Rango...again
Why it makes me happy - I love that movie......and I love this quote by those funny Mariachi birds. It made me think back to many people who have crossed my path in life. I don't need a reminder that honesty, while hard to display at times, is ALWAYS the best policy. I missed this quote the first time I saw the movie.....I won't forget it ever again. "Blend in"

JollyJottings

Nice drive
Grabbing some lunch on the run
Drive/wedge on 1
Pitch on 17
Punch shot on 18

No comments: