Sunday, January 31, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1100


HappyUP!!! - birdie on 18
Why it happened - I hit a great drive, great 8 iron, and a great putt
Why it makes me happy - I had been playing pretty well all day....my partner was playing
even better. This put us up as a team....and me up individually. There is a habit that some
people have of "doubling down" on the last hole....I believe it is called the Aloha Press. One
of the individuals that did it to me today happens to be one of the best amateurs in all of Northern California. In other words, 9 times out of 10, he is going to beat me on the last hole. How good is he? Well, I hit two great shots to about 7-8 ft and had a hairy putt for birdie.....he then got up and put it to within 3-4 feet. I made my putt, as did he, and HE FINALLY HAD TO PAY ME FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE!!!! He's a nice kid and a great golfer......but he's not my son. I get tired of supporting him.

HappyUP!!! - my partner today
Why it happened - maybe things are turned around
Why it makes me happy - my partner is a better golfer than I am. He's been struggling a bit. We don't always play team games at our course...mostly individual matches. Today, him and I played two different teams. It would have been a bad day to play poorly....a very bad day. He threw a little 34 down on the front 9....good financially for our team but, more importantly, it was good to see him shoot 2 under for 9 holes. He shot 72 for the day with a double bogey so I know he is feeling better....which makes for a HappyUP!!! for me. I like it when my friends feel better.

HappyUP!!! - glorious weather
Why it happened - it's weather...I got nothing over that
Why it makes me happy - it's January...while I didn't, I could have been wearing shorts! How much do I love where I live?

HappyUP!!! - IMng with my buds
Why it happened -nothing but good news
Why it makes me happy - I love my friends and good news

JollyJottings

Near ace
Par putt on 8
Up and down on 16
Cleaning up some untidiness on 17
My partner shooting 34 on the front 9
My partner making 4 birdies....including a big one on 15
Buying some lunch after the game

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!