Wednesday, November 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 305

HappyUP!!! - more e-mails coming in
Why it happened - people are finding out about my Dad's passing
Why it makes me happy - people are being moved by the story that ran in the Bee. It's an honor to him.

HappyUP!!! - Pride and Joy
Why it happened - in honor of my dad
Why it makes me happy - my dad used to do this corny thing. People would show pictures of their kids. He would then say, "do you want to see my Pride and Joy?" He would then whip out a picture of the wax and detergent of the same name. We had seen the schtick so many times that we would always go, "ugh....he's found another victim." It always made people laugh, though. Now that he is gone, I couldn't resist picking up the tradition and doing it a few times.

HappyUP!!! - travels were smooth
Why it happened - I had to get back from LA
Why it makes me happy - it's always great to get back home.....especially right now.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Dear Scott, I just posted a piece this evening about orphans of WWII veterans in France protesting their lack of compensation, then got your email with the sad news. I added a postscript to my piece, along with the link to the excellent article about your father's heroism.
http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_parfait/2007/11/all-thats-been.html

Am so terribly sorry to learn of his passing. He was one amazing man! Sending much love and hugs across the miles. xoxox