Tuesday, November 27, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 304

HappyUP!!! - a peer liked the idea of HappyUP
Why it happened - I mentioned it in the meetings that I am at
Why it makes me happy - I use the HappyUP!!! concept a little differently at work. I try to catch my employees when they do something that makes me happy and I call it a HappyUP!!! When I mentioned
this concept in a breakout session, my peer brought it up in front of the entire group because he really
liked what I was doing. He may use it himself....HappyUP!!! spreads.

HappyUP!!! - feature story on my dad
Why it happened - the people at the Sacramento Bee read the obituary we submitted and wanted to do a full
story
Why it makes me happy - there aren't many people that actually get the featured obituary. There are a lot of reasons this makes me happy and they will get a post all of their own. In the meantime, you can see the story here.

HappyUP!!! - my presentation
Why it happened - I was at training meetings
Why it made me happy - by bosses boss came in when I was doing my second round. He knows that I am good at doing presentations. These presentations were more about public speaking practice and not content. It's a long story but I was very thankful that I didn't step on my tongue with this person in the room.

No comments: