Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chicks, Dudes, and the Difference



I was doing a little web surfing this morning - and decided to trip upon my old friend, Dr J. Mitchell Perry, and his radio show. I was delighted to find that he is doing podcasts of some of his weekly programs.

As many of you know - the Nutster has been single for quite some time. I have spent a lot of time thinking about why this is. I did not say that I spent time lamenting. I said, THINKING!

Newsflash - there is nothing "wrong" with being single. Society does it's best to make single people feel like there is. There is not. Here is the fact: you can be single. You can be in relationship. That's it.....that's all there is.

As I look over the fence - and see the relationship side, I see a lot of really green grass. There is companionship. There is a remedy for those times when solitude can drift to loneliness
. Many singles
stop right there.

As usual, I go a step further - I allow my glance to travel across the barb wire and inspect the flora that is growing under my own feet.........and it looks pretty darn green too.

"Oh Nutster, you are just another guy that can't commit" - I can hear you already........m'am. As I have conjured upon this topic, I would say there are times when I would say this is a possibility. The think that I couldn't commit to was that that was the reason!

Dr Mitch, on his podcast, Fix it in Five and Tune it in Ten - (find it here...JM Perry Products )
, brilliantly encapsulates many of the dynamics of a male/female personal relationship. He captures many of the things that have crossed my mind.......and adds a few along with a brilliant cherry on top.

What She Wants from Him

1. Listen (that means SHUT UP!)
2. Pay attention to me and BE with me
3. Empathize (Quit giving me advice and fixing it)
4. Hold me...Cherish me....show me I'm the one ("...and quit reaching for my area." )

What He Wants Her

1. Look Good
2. Pay attention and DO things with me
3. Sexual Gymnastics - Quantity and Quality (yes, screaming like a banshee is included)
4. Treat me like a King

Dr. Mitch goes over this list in seminars. He gets wild agreement from both sides of the gender that this is, in fact, what they want. He then goes to the men, "What do you think? Can you do what the other side wants?"

The men respond with, "I may not be very good at it but I am willing to try."

The women have a different spin. They come back with, "NO!" or, "Yes, but..............."

...................and this is why I am single.

No comments: