Sunday, December 21, 2008

An Overlooked HappyUP



I went to my refrigerator this morning - because I was a little bit thirsty.

I took my water bottle - and filled it with some cold, filtered water.

If you are being perceptive - you know how good a nice, cold drink of water feels on a hot day when you are really, really thirsty.

One could argue - that the feeling of ingesting that liquid is one of the BEST feelings in life. Close your eyes and imagine it. The feeling is so good you can almost recall it from memory.

On this morning - I was happy for living in a place where having drinkable water is a given.

I read an article not too long ago - I forget the statistic but the percentage of people in the world that do not have his privilege (NO...it is not a right) astonished me.

What did I do to be so privileged? - I was born in a place where this is provided.

....and it made me happy - what was the cost of this moment of elevated pleasure? That's right...absolutely nothing.

Live the HappyUP!!! mentality - make it a part of your mental construct.

Trust me - you'll be better off for the effort.


If the thought of people not having water moves you to want to take action, go to WaterForPeople.

1 comment:

Glenn Blakney said...

HappyUP! - new snowblower
Why it happened - shovelling gets old after the first storm, and Lowes was willing to lend me the money for free for a year.
Why it makes me happy - starts easy, runs great, did the whole driveway and sidewalk, and left me with the energy to do the neighbors' sidewalk on either side, not to mention the boys' club on the street at 7:00 in the AM. The only thing missing was some of my world-famous eggnog.