Friday, December 05, 2008

Calligraphy....The Art of Elegant Writing




Playing around today - I came across a website where a person was doing calligraphy using the basic "paint" feature that you get with Windows.

I quickly scrawled out what you see - to your left

The first pass is a little clunky - but, as with most things, using the media will improve with time.

There are a lot of advantages to doing this with "Paint" - you can work in colors easily. You have no clean up. It is easy to draw guidelines and erase them. You can change the colors with a couple of clicks. The computer will also "hold your brush" at a constant angle...the key to calligraphy.

While a far cry - from actually dipping the nib and applying to paper, I see some uses for this....

....hey, I already received one - a blog posting

Time to start - brushing up on my "Paint" skills

No comments: