Wednesday, December 24, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 696


Xmas Eve - some HappyUP!!!s don't need the entire drill. Whether I have been with family, spouse, friends, girlfriend or alone, I have always associated Christmas Eve with two of my best friends...

...Solitude and Reflection - a gentle peace seems to descend on the piece of the world that I find myself in on this particular night.

Later on - after wrapping the presents that I have waited to wrap until the last minute...

....and dropped a present on the doorstep of unsuspecting friends - I'll do what I do every Christmas Eve.

I take a walk - it's usually late...and cold. Tonight, it may be a little wet so the walk won't be as far.....but it will be meaningful and a personal HappyUP!!! that I don't need to put in a journal.

Let's look at today


HappyUP!!! - jeans
Why it happened - my regular jeans got dirty
Why it makes me happy - I slipped on this other pair of jeans I don't wear that often. They were a little snug and I went, "uh oh!" My fear was the holidays had got to me a little more than I had wanted. Then I said, "wait ....let's check something out." I peeled them off and found out they were an inch smaller in the waist than my regular jeans and pants. HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - dropping off gifts
Why it happened - I do this sometimes
Why it makes me happy - the people that got some presents weren't expecting them. They hadn't gotten anything for me......and that is as it should be. These were just small gifts but I know they will like them.

HappyUP!!! - the leaf patrol
Why it happened - I was perceptive
Why it makes me happy - I was heading out the door to do a couple of pre-Christmas errands. I noticed that the city crew had made a HUUUGE pile of leaves in front of my house. I was a "staging area" for the neighborhood leaves today. Even though it was sprinkling, I grabbed my rake and got all of my leaves and some of my two neighbors into the pile. An hour later, the big truck came and carried away the debris. A feeling of clean swept over me.

No comments: