Friday, December 12, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 684

HappyUP!!! - golf MATCH
Why it happened - my buddy, R, and I were shot for shot
Why it makes me happy - R is better than I am. He didn't play well today...but he didn't play terribly either. I didn't play bad...but I couldn't call it great. There we stood on the 17th tee...with the same score. We both missed birdie putts on 17. On to the 18th, all square. On the final green, R misses a 30 footer for birdie...there I am with a 10 footer with a foot or two of break to win. I hit a good putt......that didn't go in. It was a match that should have finished all square.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast
Why it happened - I needed some brekko
Why it makes me happy - I love those pancakes and sausage. I also had a great exchange with my friend at the restaurant. It's a benefit of being a regular.

HappyUP!!! - invitation for "a game" tomorrow
Why it happened - my partner and I are getting a name for ourselves
Why it makes me happy - it's the assistant pro that asked us if we wanted to play. We had played with two of his buddies...plus, we played in scratch league. We are getting a rep as good guys to play with. Tomorrow, after we play 18 early, we'll be teeing it up in a bigger game around noon. Yes...8 hours + straight...of golfing...tomorrow. Make sure you pray for my endurance! Hey...I'm not a kid anymore

JollyJottings

Breakfast
Gorgeous Day for golf
Meeting new guys
Playing my buddy, R, straight up
Invited to play in a game 2morrow
5 iron on 2
Wedge/putt on 4
8 iron to 6
Putt on 8
9 iron out of divot
7 iron into 13
wedge into 15
6 iron into 17
drive and 8 iron into 18

No comments: