Saturday, December 20, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 692




HappyUP!!! - see Smiley over here on the left
Why it happened - the wind came up and Smiley a hair short of the green...buried on a 60 degree incline just under the lip of the trap
Why it makes me happy - I could barely stand to get a club on Smiley....let alone apply enough force to muscle him out and up. Smiley shot straight up in the air, came down in front of the hole, nearly went in, and finished about 8 feet from the hole. I managed to make the putt. This had double bogey written all over it but par was salvaged.....and THIS is why I play golf.
NOTE: it won't be many more years that I won't be able to play this shot!

HappyUP!!! - breakfast
Why it happened - we had a frost delay
Why it makes me happy - I play golf on Saturday mornings so I don't get to have breakfast with what I call my adopted family. It was great to be there and get caught up again. I got to see my best friend's China pictures.

HappyUP!!! - birdies
Why it happened - made some great shots
Why it makes me happy - a birdie is a HappyUP!!! any day of the week. On Saturdays, we have a skins game. I didn't get the final results but at least I am in the running to make some dough this week.

JollyJottings

Seeing my adopted family
Seeing my best friend and his China pictures
Getting to the golf course just in time
Saving par on the first hole
Birdies on 6 and 12
A tremendous par save on 13
A creative par save on 10
My 7 iron on 16
New shoes
A couple of good e-mails

No comments: