Wednesday, December 03, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 675....the Lost Cell Phone

"Alright, Nutster, how are you going to make a HappyUP!!! out of this?" - wow, that is a great question.

Somehow, on the golf course, I lost my cell phone today - THAT is not a happy event. Remember, the HappyUP!!! process is not about denial. "Stuff" happens. Let's go through the process of loss first

The phone is gone...and the SIM card is gone - and, no, though I thought about it the other day, I did not write down all the numbers of the people in my directory. THAT is the loss....sure, I'm out whatever a Motorola Razor phone costs but those things happen.

I'll also have to go through the mind numbing - decision of what kind of phone to get now. NOT my favorite thing to do.

On the plus side - in all likelihood, the phone I get this time is going to synch up with my computer at home. This is something that was on the project list....I'll just need to do it sooner than later. PLUS, Blackberry just came out with their new offering if I want to go in that direction. OR...I can go get the iPhone which will probably lead to me getting the Apple laptop I have been thinking about.

I also left a message for my friends - "call me at home" so I didn't miss any important calls.

While I lost some numbers I would prefer not to - I also got rid of a bunch that were cluttering up my system.

Because I was playing a "members only" private course - the liklihood of someone finding my phone and turning it in to the pro shop is higher. The maintenance guys have also been asked to keep an eye out for it.

At the same time - a call to AT&T will halt any unwanted usage in this interim period.

Yeah, it's an inconvenience - but it's just not worth dwelling upon. As a matter of fact, I'm done because now I want to focus on what we are here for.

HappyUP!!! - golfing with R
Why it happened - he's back from vacation
Why it makes me happy - R is one of my golf buddies. We haven't played in almost three weeks due to an extended vacation. This guy can play.

HappyUP!!! - great shots
Why it happened - I got out of my way
Why it makes me happy - the score wasn't there today....like many recent days. The ball striking is getting closer, however. A couple of good wedges...a pure 7 iron....a pure 4 iron...a flushed 6 iron (which was only a foot from being a hole-in-one)....another flushed 6 iron....and an 8 iron hit on the button. That's a lot of good iron shots....now, I just need to clean up the bad ones! THEN, the score may come.

HappyUP!!! - a hose bib
Why it happened - I was looking around
Why it makes me happy - I noticed a hose bib on the side of the house that I hadn't seen before. This may partially be due to cutting back a bush recently. I don't know how I missed this. Anyway, this is going to save me some trouble when I landscape in the spring.



JollyJottings

A nice walk
A lot of great shots
A near ace!
My painter
Playing golf with my buddy who has been gone

No comments: