Sunday, March 18, 2007

LOST!.........and found


I am a great finder of stuff - I really am. You say, "that's a handy trait."

I say - "I am good because I get lots of practice!"

Today's count - 1 garage door opener lost (the second of two that are now MIA) and 1 Blue Tooth Headset (scene here) and 2 cheap pens found. I can also pencil in a solid hour or two or search party work!

The found items - were found in the search for the garage door opener. Often, that is how it works.

"Nutster, have you checked your cars? Why would a garage door opener be anywhere but your car?" - ahhh, grasshoppah, seek first to understand and then to be understood.

If you have a detached garage - your car would be the LAST place you would want your garage door opener to be. In today's case, I did some extra garage cleanup. Two weeks ago, one of my HappyUP!!!s was two cars in the garage. Phase two was to be able to get them in there so I didn't door ding my own cars. This was accomplished today....well, if I could get back in the garage I could tell you. Anyway, when not in the house in a specific place, the GD is in my pocket or in the car that I am driving. I never use the push button thing on the wall so it reminds me to always take my GD with me when I go inside.

Anyway, the garage door opener(s) - have to be somewhere else. In the meantime, NO vehicles can get into the garage. I have gone from one car in to two cars in to zero cars in. I am amazing that way! I know, "use the manual key that unlocks the garage door." This would be excellent advice but when I moved into the house and I don't recall ever seeing that key show up as part of the transfer of ownership. Don't even think about sending me looking for that! That would just be flat out mean.

The cool thing - in finding the BlueTooth in the search was that I had just purchased one today...at a cool $100. The cost of a locksmith letting me into my garage and then replacing an opener.....probably $100. I'm even when I return the headset purchased and I still have the hope of the garage door opener (or two) showing up.

Hey, if you see it laying around - let me know.

This year's count of significant items:

Lost - BlueTooth
Found - BlueTooth (one month later)
Lost - cell phone
Found - cell phone (two days later got a call from a store it dropped out in). Of course, I had already bought a new phone but it was only $40...now, I have a spare. Most importantly, original SIM card was recovered
Lost - my moleskine
Found - my moleskine (I called a store I was in the previous day...yep, they had it)
Found - $550 in gift cards (lost and deemed gone forever in 2006....big winner for 2007)
Lost - two garage door openers

All in all - I am a little ahead of the game.....well, if you can ever be ahead in a game that you don't particularly like to play!

No comments: