Saturday, March 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 49


HappyUP!!! - my trip to Home Depot
Why it happened - time to get the garden in...spring has come early
Why it made me happy - I got a late start. I thought the entire world would be at the place that I really have apprehension about going to. Yes, they have what I need. When you hit the gardening department though on a day like this, it was bound to be a zoo. It wasn't......score
HappyUP!!! - first planting
Why it happened - I got off of my fanny
Why it made me happy - I really didn't have much going this weekend. This is going to put me ahead and let me do something on a future weekend....when I would have been planting. Also, new life was brought into my home site. Tomatoes, strawberries, watermellon, peppers, basil....all will be gracing my table later this year. I have a lot of space left, too. Cucumbers and squash are yet to come.
'
HappyUP!!! - cocoa bean husk mulch
Why it happened - a buddy told me about this yesterday
Why it made me happy - I laid some down and immediately added the wonderful smell of chocolate into the garden. I hope the ants don't come!!! Nah....this is the husks. No sugar. Anyway, it is a very nice mulch. I didn't mulch last year. The mulching is going to make the garden more aesthetically pleasing this year. It should keep the weeds and dust down a bit. We'll see......anticipation is always a happy up!


JollyJottings

Arnold Palmer special
Sunday Scribblings topic
Cocoa Bean Mulch
Easy trip through Home Depot
The convertible
The first planting
The weed eater fired right up for first time of the year
A new tank of propane

No comments: