Thursday, March 15, 2007

HappyUP!!! Marketing Spotted



There I am - in San Jose, California. I just conducted a HappyUP!!! training session this morning. As I am driving out of town, I see this billboard...

I couldn't believe it - I turned around, negotiated a couple of side streets (seems San Jose doesn't much care for U-turns), parked in an industrial lot, and took off on foot just to get this picture.

...and it was worth every inconvenience! - while Volkswagen has a little different cure to the happiness issue than I would prescribe, I will applaud their marketing research department.

They didn't throw this up on the billboard just to be cute - rest assured, they know that the promise of happiness if you buy a topless bug is alluring......alluring enough to justify the price tag of the billboard space.

As for me - I just dig the fact that I was provided a free power point slide for my next presentation.

No comments: