Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bonus HappyUP!!! - Ten Bucks for the Nutster!

$10 handed to me!!! - no, it wasn't someone coming up and offering cash to get their picture taken with me. If it was, that would be at least a twenty anyway!!! LOL

TraderJoe's (my grocery store) doesn't carry cod liver oil- This necessitated a trip to the health food store. I am not a health nut. I do go to Sunrise Natural Foods a few times a year.

For whatever reason - I remembered to take my Stamp Card with me. I have gone their many times and not had it. The literally stamp your card for the dollars that you purchase.

I get to the counter - and everything totals $42. As she is stamping out the amounts, she notices that my card is now fully stamped.....I get $10 taken off my purchase right there!!!

This wasn't a phony baloney sale - it was cash on the barrelhead.

Why do I make a big deal out of this - I remembered the card. I don't carry something like this around with me. I could have easily gone to the store without it. I did something well. One of the many blessings about HappyUP!!! is to take moments and celebrate THINGS THAT GO RIGHT.

One of the greatest causes of sub-optimal mental health - is that we take for granted the things that go right (trust me.....even the little things don't) and focus on things that go wrong. Think about it. If I hadn't taken that card, when I got to the register, I would have given myself a little boot in the fanny. No, I wouldn't have obsessed about it. Rather than self-flagellate, I self-congratulate in this case.

Do more of that - you increase your level of happiness....and are in a better frame of mind to help the world around you.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Excellent point! And I did a similar thing today at Sephora - took my 10 percent discount card along and saved 16 euros.