Tuesday, March 27, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 59

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters Meeting
Why it happened - I go every Tuesday
Why it made me happy - our assigned speakers didn't show up. Two of the members filled in unexpectedly and did a great job. They gave two great "off the cuff" speeches. Sometimes, those can be disasters. Here is what I know: these two guys couldn't have done what they did a few short years ago. One of the members spoke about how he now goes out and speaks to service groups on behalf of people in places that have no clean water. Awesome stuff! He is putting his new found speaking skills to good use

HappyUP!!! - an employee about to have his best month ever
Why it happened - he keeps working and working at it
Why it made me happy - I know this guy is working hard. He has some adversarial conditions. He is working through them anyway and is on his way to a record breaking month for him. It is just awesome to see the people that report to me...the people I serve...do well.

HappyUP!!! - a brilliant idea
Why it happened - I took a meeting and problem from yesterday and combined it with a solution to a different problem
Why it made me happy - Voila....it is kind of like dunking a chocolate bar in peanut butter to get a Reese's Cup. I didn't use today's solution. I used the spirit of it's solution to come up with a different possible solution to a problem many of my HMC's are suffering with.

No comments: