Saturday, March 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 56...all in one shot


No...these probably aren't the three biggest HappyUP!!!s of the day - but I thought that I would do a twist for you faithful....three HappyUP!!!s in one picture.

That plant with the fuscia flowers - I don't know where those buds came from but it was EXPLODING with color today.

That bush from the neighbor's yard - same thing as above. It must be spring because it wasn't like that last week. The white is just BLINDING.

The lawn - freshly cut by your's truly.


HappyUP!!! - the geranium? I think that is what is providing the fuscia to the scene
Why it happened - the plant was already planted...probably by the previous owners...my parents
Why it makes me happy - I love that color. It's not power red or passion purple. It is the color in between that I just really dig. If I could find a men's dress jacket in that color, I would own it!

HappyUP!!! - the white bush
Why it happened - my neighbor has let it become overgrown
Why it made me happy - OK...the chain link fence is not a HappyUP!!! (see here) but nature's beauty is. I just could never recall it being so white. I just stopped in amazement at what He has done with his artwork this week.

HappyUP!!! - the freshly cut lawn
Why it happened - I got on it
Why it made me happy - one of the reasons I don't have a service do this is that I actually like cutting my lawn. I know...sick, isn't it? I do, though. Remember, this is MY HappyUP!!! that we are talking about. Plus, I always have a freshly cut lawn on the weekend. I seemed to always get the Tuesday service with my prior yard guy. By the time the weekend rolled around, it was looking shabby. The grass is turning to a deeper shade of green. The bermuda is almost entirely awake from it's dormancy of winter.

Hmmmm....- what have we discovered today? A common thread. I really do dig colors!

No comments: