Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cheerful People

Some of you may be familiar with Bob Proctor - Bob has been a motivational speaker and author that has been around for some time.

He also is making the rounds on the talk shows - pimping "The Secret." My stance on "The Secret" is they are stretching it a bit on the Law of Attraction. Do I believe in the Law of Attraction? Yes, I do. Do I believe in how far the people behind the promotion of "The Secret" have taken it? Sorry to seem wishy washy but I can't say "Yes," but I won't say "No." I do believe that synchronicity exists. I join Carl Jung in this regard. There are just too many things that are coincidences. If synchronicity exists, there is room in the ether for other things as well.

"Coincidences - are God's way of staying anonymous," is a favorite quote of mine. I believe that coincidences are there to be explored. Heck, exploring coincidences is probably a lot more interesting than most of the things that we do everyday.

Proctor sends out a thought for the day - and, because I am a quote guy, I allow him into my e-mail box almost every day. Here is what came across the web this morning:

"You will find yourself refreshed by the presence of cheerful people. Why not make earnest effort to confer that pleasure on others? Half the battle is gained if you never allow yourself to say anything gloomy."

-Lydia M. Child
1802-1880, Abolitionist and Writer

What if it was a felony - to spoil someone else's day and a misdemeanor to bring someone down? How would that change your behavior?

Don't answer that question too fast, sunshine! - you may be a fairly positive sort already. If this was a law, you might step it up and go a little further just to make sure you didn't end up in the hoosgow*.

You have the freedom to believe - anything that you want to believe. You can make that a law for yourself if you want to
(NO...until you become Czar of the Universe, you don't get to impose sovereignty on anyone else). If you do decide to do this, you would need to take a course to make sure your skills are improved.

Hmmmmmm - where would one start? Thinking..........thinking......searching my marvelous computer (that is the couple of pound sack of wet, mushy stuff that sits atop my neck) for an answer......the little hourglass is spinning along......BINGO!

A great starting point would be to - HappyUP!!! for 7-30 days. Full details on the program here. For those of you that just want to cut to the chase, every day write down three things that 1)made you happy 2) why you think they happened and 3) why they made YOU happy.

*HappyUP!!! points to me - I have never seen the word "hoosgow" in print. I had no idea how to spell it. I spelled it the way you saw it here, went to dictionary.com for a spellcheck, and found out I had nailed it correctly the first time. Yes, that will find itself into the journal as a JollyJotting and possible HappyUP!!! today....it makes me happy! You may think it is stupid....and that is totally cool. Your attempt to bring me down will fall on deaf ears. Watch out, though. If you pull the same thing on someone else, you may succeed in lowering their image of themselves and YOU will be in violation of the law.

No comments: