Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A HUGE in a WORLD of it's OWN HappyUP!!!


It's right here

My friend Tara runs Paris Parfait - Tara is a journalist who has led a fascinating life. She has seen the world from the top, close or at bottom, and everywhere in between.

Currently - she lives in Paris (which answers half of your question about why her blog is titled what it is).

I "met" Tara - through a mutual participation in SundayScribblings. It wasn't hard for me to see that, of the many wonderful writers, artists, poets, etc that contribute to that site, she was the cream of the crop.

If you enjoy excellent writing - you will enjoy her blog (WARNING: when she does the political thing, you may not agree with her stance. Just KNOW that it is written from her heart and a little more knowledge of the topic than many "pundits". She's been to those places in the Middle East covering the stories. She knows the landscape, the people, and the players.)

If you enjoy great pictures - she serves those in her parfait

If you enjoy antiques and antique shopping - she will bring that to you as well.

If you enjoy style - hey, she lives in Paris and has lived the life..............and lived to tell about it.

My accolades above are far overdue - but the dearth of the recognition was brought home to me today. She actually named OUR (that's your's and mine) little blog here as one of her five most thought provoking.

Quite honestly - I was floored when I saw her picks. Humbled. Beyond an academy award. I see some of the places that she visits on this great big web that we travel. This is no small deal in my book.

I have been asked a question - several times lately about what I would wish for more of in life...money, fame, respect, or something else that I forget. I always check the box, "respect." You can't get respect out of a printing press. To receive such recognition from someone like this is.....well.....you know.....

A big ol HappyUP!!!!

TO New Visitors -
besides a daily dose of HappyUP!!!'s, you can find some interesting treasures in these
classic posts:

A guy trying to avoid the Man Police at the bedding store

All about being a man

Thoughts to think about before you install your chain link fence in the front yard(just save yourself some time...and don't do it!)

A brief foray into the deep stuff around "Goodbye"

(hey, it's not all just giggles here)

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Wow! Merci bien, Scott for the accolades! I'm not sure I deserve them, but I certainly appreciate them. Can I get you to write something nice for my book jacket? :) I'm really touched and honoured by your kind words. But I was honouring YOU and your fine blog, sense of humour and having the courage of your convictions. I want more people to know about you, so they can get the same pleasure I do when I read one of your insightful pieces. HappyUP, my friend. You deserve wider recognition. xo