Friday, March 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 41....just cleared 40 days...

....which can only mean - that it is time to get out of the ark!

OK- not a very good attempt at making a funny Bible reference but, hey, it's been a great Friday but the brain is weak...

but the HappyUP!!!'s - are strong!

HappyUP!!! 1 - breakfast with a direct report
Why it happened - it's in the bi-weekly calender
Why it makes me happy - I enjoy the company. We get some work done. We do it early so there isn't pressure to rush. Quality time that doesn't even feel like work

HappyUP!!! 2 - Speech Contest
Why it happened - I had to go and support our club's entrant
Why it made me happy - he WON! I mentored this guy year's ago and now he is out there doing it better than I do.

HappyUP!!! 3 - a great night's sleep in my own bed
Why it happened - I was gone a couple of days
Why it made me happy - it was late nights at a client function, early rises, and, despite my cheery outlook, I don't always sleep well in hotels. So, after a couple of nights of less than quality slumber, it was great to get a good one under the belt...well, it was even better to get my pillow under my head

No comments: