Wednesday, March 21, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 53....home from Bakersfield


HappyUP!!! - multiple sunsets on the drive home from Bakersfield
Why did it happen - a strange combination of where I was driving and the time of day
Why it made me happy - it gave me something to do that was enjoyable to pass the time on this flat drive. There were rolling hills close by to the west. As I drove, the sun would disappear with all of the flair of a sunset. Everyone loves a sunset. I drove further, hill disappeared, sun was back, another hill came up, and another sunset happened. This must have occurred 5 times. I was just very aware of this privilege that I was granted.

HappyUP!!! - arriving home
Why did it happen - I kept driving
Why it made me happy - 4 hrs and 20 minutes is about as fast as you can sanely make it back from Bakersfield. Once I pulled off that freeway and I was near my house, I just said to myself, "ahhh.....home."

HappyUP!!! - I was given a book
Why it happened - I picked up the tab for dinner last night. My dining companion showed up at the meeting with a book
Why it made me happy - it is always great to get a present...especially unexpected ones...and I love books! This is going to be a good one but that is just the cherry on top. It was a really cool thing for my friend to do.
Why

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Beautiful photograph! Sounds like you had a good trip and how nice to receive an unexpected gift!