Sunday, June 17, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 1973

HappyUP!!! - riding
Why it happened - heat
Why it makes me happy - wasn't really planning on playing golf today.....but we decided to take another shot at qualifying. I LOVE to walk....but....considering the heat of last few days and walking....it was a good call on my partner's part to say, "let's cart it today!"

HappyUP!!! - Delta Breeze
Why it happened - it's where we live
Why it makes me happy - NOTHING better after a HOT SacraTomatoe Day....then to have it cool down in the evening....love our climate here

HappyUP!!! - 7th hole
Why it happened - conquered the beast
Why it makes me happy - this hole is sooooooooooo set up to drive me crazy......was glad to have gotten the tee shot to EXACTLY where it needed to be.....and then hit a quality shot in

HappyUP!!! - US OPEN
Why it happened - the USGA and Olympic Club
Why it makes me happy - EXCITING.....right down to the finish.....on the edge of chair kind of stuff.....the USGA got it SO right in the venue this year.....2 birdie holes to finish....yet....due to the pressure....few did................and a great national champion was named in Webb Simpson.  VERY happy for this nice guy and what it will do for his career.

No comments: