Monday, December 12, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1775


HappyUP!!! - evening audio texts
Why it happened - my family was feeling jocular
Why it makes me happy - we had so many giggles tonight while we were doing this.....such fun. Happiness is not the same as fun....but fun is a component of happiness. Soooo enjoyed.

HappyUP!!! - the bank
Why it happened - I had banking to do
Why it makes me happy - while I had to wait a bit longer in line than I would like, it was no big deal. The teller that I dealt with was upbeat and did a great job.....despite a bit of grumpiness in the line

HappyUP!!! - pest control
Why it happened - I employ them
Why it makes me happy - I was more than happy when my pest control dude knocked at the door and said his company was doing a canned goods drive. It gave us a chance to chat about a couple of pest control related issues.......but it also gave me the opportunity to give.....right there....conveniently....at my front door

HappyUP!!! - the bell ringer
Why it happened - I was at the grocery store
Why it made me happy - I quietly deposited my coins as I was heading into the store. I'm not big on having any of my charitable donations acknowledged. I'm kind of funny in that way. Yet, as I walked on, it was nice to hear, "thank you." In these times of entitlements and people being unhappy (thinking about the Occupy crowd), it is nice to hear APPRECIATION and GRATITUDE.




No comments: