Thursday, February 25, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1125


HappyUP!!! - two chip ins on bonus 9
Why it happened - I stumbled across something in practice this morning
Why it makes me happy - some of us (including me) have taken to putting from off the green....
or taking out a hybrid/fairway wood to "chut" the ball ( a combo of chipping/putting...chutting). Due to practice this morning, I decided, "let's try this morning's concept when there are wagers on the line" as opposed to going the safer route. BAM.......opp0nents hate chipping in....I know I do. That is why I felt so good when I chipped a couple in. Well...there is another thing......they were both perfect chips....nothing cheap about them.

HappyUP!!! - birdies on 9 and 18
Why it happened - I hit shots and made putts in the clutch
Why it makes me happy - if you have to pick two holes to birdie, it would be the last one's of each 9. Not sure I have ever done this at my current club but, I can tell you......they got me out of a hole.

HappyUP!!! - leftover pork chop and asparagus
Why it happened - I had some leftovers laying around
Why it makes me happy - that pork chop was DELICIOUS and I was hungry. Sometimes it's nice to toss something good in the microwave and reheat it.....especially when it was as good or better than when it came off the grill. The asparagus was my first of the season....but, I can assure you, it won't be the last.



JollyJottings

27 holes of golf...in shorts...and, yes, it is February
Coming back and actually getting paid to play golf
Birdies on 9 AND 18
Two chip in's on the "bonus 9"
Par on the 27th hole...whoa...that first putt was a bit strong
Getting past a speed bump with a buddy
Leftover pork chop
The cashier at the grocery store
The security guard at my club
Quick chat with the owner of the club

No comments: