Wednesday, January 27, 2010

QuoteUP!!! 21 Confuscious


"If you make a mistake and don't correct your mistake, you just made your second mistake"

-Confuscious


WOW! How long have I packed this gem along on the trip? - a long time. I think I picked this pearl up almost 30 years ago

This one comes in handy everywhere - but it really came in handy back in my days of lending.

When you are doing someone's loan (or anything, I suppose) - it is very easy for a mistake to be made. Often, to correct the mistake, meant going back to the customer to get more information which clearly put on display that you screwed up. The prospect of putting that out there could be scary.....embarrassing.....downright PAINFUL

Which is why many of my peers said - "eh...we'll just let it slide," and then it would blow up in their face later on.

Not me - yes, did I end up fixing some mistakes that may have worked themselves out? I am sure I did. The problem is that you just don't KNOW which mistakes will boomerang back at you.

I was very good at what I did - and, later in my career, didn't make that many errors.

A skill that I did pick up - was recognizing my mistakes, owning them, and fixing them fast.

Take the quote above - and stick it in your back pocket. You WILL find it useful.

No comments: