Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1096


HappyUP!!! - texting with my buddy
Why it happened - it probably shouldn't have
Why it makes me happy - I love my great friends....this one is a great one. Sometimes, friendships get strained for various reasons. Air cleared? No....but it isn't smog either. We'll get the "open loop" fixed.

HappyUP!!! - sunshine!
Why it happened - it had to at some point...and we played 27 to find it
Why it makes me happy - it just felt good to "strip down" a bit on the golf course
and get the fleece vest off. I think 10 days of being "shut in" might have made me a little grumpy as well.

HappyUP!!! - a note from my "adopted mom"
Why it happened - she's SWEET
Why it makes me happy - a thought always goes a long way...but I also got a recipe that
I had been looking for.

HappyUP!!! - second shot on the 27th hole
Why it happened - who knows....maybe I have a little skill?
Why it makes me happy - I was sitting in the fairway bunker....172 yds out....over water. My opponent was in the fairway at about 157. He was a few wagers ahead...and it looked like he was REALLY going to take me to the cleaners. I picked that 6 iron clean, sent it skyward, it drew, went right at the hole and settled in about 3 feet from the pin.......and more than a few dollars were saved! Nice way to end!!!

HappyUP!!! - making about a 10 footer on 18
Why it happened - I stroked it
Why it makes me happy - it always comes down to the last hole.....that little putt was a wallet helper...for sure. Nothing like coming through under the gun.

HappyUP!!! - 27 holes with my buds
Why it happened - we all had the itch
Why it makes me happy - my golf buddies are great guys......can a guy say what I am about to say......I missed them!

JollyJottings

Recipe from my "adopted mom"
6 iron from 172 out of the bunker and over the water on 27th hole
A couple of rifled 5 irons
Great wedge into hole 21
Two putting 18
Sunshine
27 holes with my friends
Walking 18 holes

No comments: