Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1088


HappyUP!!! - Skyping with a friend
Why it happened - I am learning Skype
Why it makes me happy - Skype helps you be there when you are not. It's an amazing tool

HappyUP!!! - e-mail from another friend
Why it happened - this old friend sought me out
Why it makes me happy - when I was in the industry, there were some people that were gems. I had left some messages during the time that were unreturned....no big deal as my industry went through constant change. I was honored that this buddy looked me up, dug for my contact info, and sought me out. We had a lovely Skype and will be grabbing lunch in the future. NOTE: when you come across REALLY good people....don't let them go

HappyUP!!! - Kathy's Speech
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - she was able to deliver a speech today that was very personal. It brought tears to my eyes...and I am not an easy audience. This was so far from where she started a few months ago. To see this kind of growth in a person...and be priviliged to witness such a talk....was such an honor that I just can't explain it other than it is why I show up every Tuesday at Toastmasters. I was blown away

HappyUP!!! - a bittersweet goodby
Why it happened - fate
Why it makes me happy - I helped a DEAR friend get straight in direction. It comes at
some cost to me but, in the end, my friend is on the path that was chosen....and it was a
path I helped pave. I am enriched.

JollyJottings

Tears from a speech
My Toastmaster's Club
E-mail from a long lost friend KM
E-mailing with a partner in crime
Skyping with a buddy
Doing some recording
The rain
Talking with my industry buddy, MM
Lining up some recruits

No comments: