Saturday, January 04, 2014

HappyUP!!! Day 2969


HappyUP!!! - first W of the year
Why it happened - played a solid back 9
Why it makes me happy - good to get out of the goose egg column this year!

HappyUP!!! - the Colts
Why it happened - it's the playoffs
Why it makes me happy - one of greatest comebacks ever...what a game!!!

HappyUP!!! - IMPOSSIBLY INSANE up and down from bunker
Why it happened - a bit of knowledge...a dash of skill....and some luck
Why it makes me happy - that ball was buried up by the lip of the greenside bunker on 15. The pin was all the way in the back....a good 25 yards.  I looked at the sitch and said, "loft does not seem to be what is needed here as the near 90 degree stance I am going to be standing in will take care of that."  With that, I took out an 8 iron....ball went straight up...lots of top spin...settled within 5 feet of the hole and I tapped it in.

HappyUP!!! - Birdie on 9
Why it happened - skillz
Why it makes me happy - we needed this one. I hit a big tee shot. The pin was farther back than I have ever seen it. Dang....it was darn near in the bar!!! I hit it pin high left....a ridiculously treacherous putt that I could NOT afford to 3 putt.  I DRIZZLED that 15 foot breaker down the slope.....and right into the bank!!!

HappyUP!!! - flop shot on 17
Why it happened - I know how to do that
Why it makes me happy - unfortunately, I missed the putt....but THAT flopper was AS GOOD AS IT GETS


JJ

Orange Bowl...Clemson knocked off Ohio State
Nice little 77
Drive/7 iron/ticklish putt/birdie 9.......and a birdie on 10 as well
Flop shot 17
IMPOSSIBLE up and down bunker shot on 15.....PURELY INSANE
Picking up some paperwork
GREAT comeback by the Colts

No comments: