Monday, January 12, 2009

"You Misunderestimated Me"


(If this is your first visit here to Nutter'sNotes, make sure you go here and find out what this "HappyUP!!!" stuff is all about.....you!

I tuned in this morning
- to President Bush's final press conference. In his opening remarks, he was acknowledging the press corp. He was waxing a bit through his memories when he said,

"You have travelled the world with me. I have respected you. I haven't liked all the stories you wrote. You misunderestimated me from time to time......"

I am going to miss President Bush - the critics can make fun of him but he has great Yogi Berra-isms that we are not likely to hear again soon.

And, follow Nutters Notes in 2009 - as it continues to grow to one of the more popular blogs on the internet. To do anything less would be to misunderestimate me.

NOTE: when you heard the word, misunderestimated, what did that make you think of President Bush? While I thought it was cute and what the President is known for, you can see how powerful words are and the importance of being Impeccable With Your Word

2 comments:

indie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught this. I tuned in this morning, too, and basically the first thing I heard come out of his mouth was the word "misunderestimate" -- *groans.* A Google search then brought me here. Darn, those spiders are fast!

Anonymous said...

Google brought me here too! Apparently he's used the word before as well ;)