Thursday, January 15, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 718...Cleanse is On



"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think."

Benjamin Disraeli
1804-1881, British Prime Minister

....and the predominant thought that I have is of being about 7-9 pounds lighter in a little over a week. It works every time.


HappyUP!!! - morning root juice

Why it happened - it's day 2 of the choice I make to cleanse annually

Why it makes me happy - this concoction actually tastes kind of good this morning. I use Isagenix as my 9 day program. The first two days involve sucking down this liquid 4 times a day....and that is about it. When tomorrow rolls around, I'll actually start to see the results (I'll leave the graphics of what that is out of the post). Just trust me...it's a good thing. After the two days, I slide into a program that provides a bit more nourishment. At the end of 9 days, I will have dropped 7-10 pounds and have a different outlook toward my daily nutrition. It's a good thing....it's not that hard...some willpower is involved but nothing major once you know that the results will be there. My mom used to do something similar by going on a "cabbage soup diet" every so often. This is a little more friendly.

HappyUP!!! - talking with SB
Why it happened - SB reached out to me
Why it makes me happy - this is an old college contact.....college was....uh....hmmm...well....it was a little bit ago. We had a great conversation and I'll be getting a dinner invitation soon.

HappyUP!!! - mentoring a new club
Why it happened - I volunteered
Why it makes me happy - I have been in Toastmasters for well over 20 years. A local employer is starting up their own club. Today was the first meeting that they have had and it made me realize how much I know (a HappyUP!!!) and how eager and excited the group is to learn and improve (a HappyUP!!!). Put those two forces together and it becomes a HarmoniousHappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Pilates
Gorgeous weather
Mentoring
Hitting balls
Driving the convertible
Hearing from Steve B
Weight dropping

No comments: