Monday, January 05, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 708





HappyUP!!!
- breakfast with my friend, E
Why it happened - E set it up
Why it makes me happy - E is a good friend and I love it when we break bread together. We shared some good info this morning....and pancakes!

HappyUP!!! - meeting up with another friend later
Why it happened - my friend called me to see if I was free
Why it makes me happy - while never "free," I am pretty inexpensive! Har Har Har...hadn't seen this friend in 2009 so it was good catching up.

HappyUP!!! - turned in the entry fee
Why it happened - I got on it
Why it makes me happy - my friend and I will be playing in a Big Boys golf tournament this weekend. I haven't played in one of these in 20 years. The kids are stronger and better than they were back in my day so the "old guys" are going to need to do some fancy shooting to compete. This event is actually one of the ones that inspired me to want to get my game back in shape. I am still not in game shape to play an individual tournament but we'll be competitive in a partner's affair.

HappyUP!!! - thankful
Why it happened - my neighbors had a tragedy
Why it makes me happy - I am very happy that I did not suffer a house fire....but my heart goes out for my neighbors down the block who had that happen last night. They spent such a long time living in that remodel/addition. It made me very sad this morning.....but it reminded me to be grateful for everything that I have.

JollyJotting

Breakfast with a friend
Meeting up with another friend later
Entering a golf tournament
A solid round of errand running
Thankful for home safety
A purring cat
A nice little rain

No comments: