Thursday, January 01, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 704.....New Year 2009


I know - you want a really cool sweathirt, don't you?

Hey - don't start off the New Year with envy. It's not an admirable trait, you know.

Be thankful - and appreciate the things you have first....

....and make sure that what you want - in 2009 is meaningful...really meaningful.

The times we are in - give everyone an excellent opportunity to realize what is really important.

....and join me - by taking the HappyUP!!! experience and adding it to your daily routine for the next 21 days.

HappyUP!!! - 5 iron on 13
Why it happened - I made a great swing
Why it makes me happy - this was one of those shots that feels like you don't even hit the ball.....I had previously hit a similar shot two holes before...but it was the wrong club. Not on 13....the ball was dead on to that back pin position and had a chance to be an ace but came up 7 feet short.

HappyUP!!! - Raleys
Why it happened - I went scavenging on New Years Night
Why it makes me happy - I found a place to get a propane cartridge refill.....on New Years Night. I don't want be without heat in that golf cart should we play golf tomorrow. Raleys was the third place I went to...and last resort this evening.

HappyUP!!! - deciding to throw the cart cover on
Why it happened - it got colder right before teeing off
Why it makes me happy - my buddy and I stayed warm today....on a day that got cold. We were almost going to shine the cover and the heater. We actually circled back to the car to get set up.

HappyUP!!! - Seeing the Fish
Why it happened - he was at my golf course
Why it makes me happy - "Fishsticks" used to be "one of the gang" in high school. He's a good guy but I never get to see him. He is married and has a family...all that stuff, you know. It was nice to visit with him after I finished up golfing.

HappyUP!!! - phone call from my good buddy
Why it happened- it was New Year's Day
Why it makes me happy - glad to hear my buddy survived New Year's Eve......and a pleasant phone call ensued. Here's another person I will be seeing soon.


No comments: