Friday, January 16, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 719




Here's someone that looks to be in the midst of a HappyUP!!! - it's good ol David Crosby....one of my favorite characters in the music world.

A friend of mine - shot me the photo and I saw some contentment in the picture... kind of like a cat when it purrs.

Kind of a bummer on that arm brace - for his fretting hand. It's been a rough trip for the Crosb all of these years.


HappyUP!!! - breakfast with a very special person
Why it happened - I set it up
Why it makes me happy - it was so good to visit with this person that I have known and worked with for so long. We had a nice, real conversation....just a very joyful person to be around.

HappyUP!!!
- three birdies from the GOLD tees
Why it happened - I played some very good wedge shots
Why it makes me happy - many golf courses have easy par 5's.....not mine. If you are fortunate enough to position yourself for "easy" birdies, you then need to execute the delicate shots that give you the birdie. I hit a nice wedge to 15 feet and made a putt on 5. I knocked a hybrid just off the edge on 12 and then played a smart little "wedge" hybrid shot up to a few feet. On 15, I chased an iron up to the edge rather than trying to "go for it" in two. The shot was to an elevated green and I tried a shot I have been working on....the spinner. I hit it perfectly up to a tap in birdie.

HappyUP!!! - holing out a bunker shot
Why it happened - a great shot and a bit of luck
Why it makes me happy - I was making a mess of the second hole. Drive in the water...drop to a terrible lie...chunk.....full on iron into the bunker......the meter on this taxi was running full blast. UNTIL....I played a perfect shot that found it's way into the cup.


JollyJottings

Up and down on 1
Holing a sandshot
3 birdies
Solid golf
Glorious weather
A phone call from Dom
4 Agreements Series
David Crosby picture

No comments: