Saturday, January 03, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 706




HappyUP!!!
- no...no....SUPERHappyUP!!!...catching a break at 5:30
Why it happened - the policeman cut me a break
Why it makes me happy - I was going to get a morning coffee. The police officer alleged that I ran a red light. I don't run red lights....unless I just wasn't paying attention. It was possible. I didn't argue with the officer. My driving record was clean....and it still is. How do you like those flashing lights behind you?

HappyUP!!! - a great golf round
Why it happened - very few mistakes
Why it makes me happy - I went back to my notes of a couple of months ago when I was playing well. I got to the course early and did more than just warmed up. I actually had a practice session in the cold. I may be back on to something.

HappyUP!!! - 4 for 4 on the hybrid chip
Why it happened - I rely on this shot
Why it makes me happy - people think it takes a degree of skill. I think it is the lazy man's way to get the ball up and down. I was perfect in this area today.

HappyUP!!! - playing with a new member
Why it happened - the member put in with us on the tee sheet
Why it makes me happy - it was only 5 months ago when I was a new member. I knew no one. Now, it is my turn to make people feel welcome.

HappyUP!!! - birdie putt on 15
Why it happened - I hit a good wedge to give me the opportunity
Why it makes me happy - I could have walked off that green with a par. I read the break perfectly and hit the putt where I wanted to. Any birdie is a HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Playing with a new member
Shooting a good score
4 for 4 with the hybrid chip
No mistakes with the wedge
Birdie putt on 15
Wedge on 5
Practice session
A lovely day
Two wildcard games
Setting up for crepes
Leftovers

No comments: