Saturday, January 17, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 720

HappyUP!!! - an eagle
Why it happened - I put together 3 great shots
Why it made me happy - my partner and I could not get anything going....just a bunch of pars through 5 holes. My drive was just short of a hazard...perfect distance. I hit my brand new hybrid for the first time from about 210 yards.....perfectly to with 12 feet. I drained the putt and thought that would get us going. While it didn't, it made me very happy at the time.

HappyUP!!! - putting the drive on 1 in the middle of the fairway
Why it happened - who knows....on top of nerves, it was COLD at 7:30 this morning
Why it makes me happy - you like to start any round but particularly a tournament round on the right foot. I got us within a wedge of the first hole.

HappyUP!!! - wedge on 17
Why it happened - I chose the right club and put a great move on it
Why it makes me happy - when it was in the air, it looked like it had a chance to go in. Now, why it landed short of the pin and went 20 feet by, who knows? It was a HappyUP!!! for awhile.

HappyUP!!! - Tad Fujikawa
Why it happened - he shot 62 in Hawaii
Why it makes me happy - Tad is 5'1". He had to Monday qualify to get into this week's PGA tournament. He barely made the cut yesterday. Today, he vaulted past everyone and is just off the lead....in his home state. Very inspirational.

No comments: