Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 730

HappyUP!!! - toastmasters
Why it happened - it was an on week
Why it makes me happy - we got a new member....we had an interested guest....and 2 great speeches....THAT is a perfect meeting

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with J
Why it happened - J set it up
Why it makes me happy - I love J to death but it's been forever since we got together. We talked for a couple of hours...great stuff

HappyUP!!! - putting session
Why it happened - I made myself
Why it makes me happy - practicing putting is not my favorite thing to do. Since starting back with golf, I would say I have only gone out for about 2-3 serious putting practice sessions. I ground for a good 45 minutes today. I need another session tomorrow. I think I am on to something. I hit a GREAT putt on 8 that I don't think I would have hit without the session. I made solid shorter putts on 5 and 6 as well.

HappyUP!!! - ball striking
Why it happened - I had a good range session
Why it makes me happy - I feel like I am really using the big muscles hitting through my irons. There is a big difference when you start striking it with the shoulders rather than the arms

HappyUP!!! - 7 iron into 2
Why it happened - I thought it through
Why it makes me happy - the pin was up front. You have to stay under the hole or you have a miserable downhill putt. To do this, you have to accept coming up short. I hit the shot a touch heavy but with lots of power. This left me right on the front edge. If I had hit the shot perfectly, it would have been pin high. It was a thinking man's play that gave me a shot at birdie....wish I had hit one of those perfect putts here.

HappyUP!!! - shots
Why it happened - practice
Why it makes me happy - anytime you hit a solid shot in golf, it's a HappyUP!!! in the moment. Today, in 9 holes, I had a bagful!

HappyUP!!! - Wah and the kids
Why it happened - I saw him on the range as I was leaving
Why it makes me happy - love Wah!....it was cute watching his kids smack balls on the range. He was being a good dad.

JollyJottings

New member
2 great speeches
Breakfast with J.E.
Hitting balls
Putting session
Weather
Walking 9 holes
More power with my irons due to a better turn...using the big muscles
9 iron on 1....7 iron on 2....hybrid on 3...pitch on 3....wedge from bunker on 4...bunker shot 6...
....5 iron on 7....drive/9 iron/putt on 8....drive on 9
Rib-eye

No comments: