Saturday, November 01, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 643


HappyUP!!! -golf...then no golf...then golf...then no golf...then golf
Why it happened - I make things happen
Why it makes me happy - I woke up this morning with an 8 a.m. Tee time. That's good....no, that's bad because it was raining. That's bad....no, that's good because I got invited to play in the Scratch League at noon when my golf pro called because a guy didn't show up. That's good...no, that's bad because the pro called me back 5 minutes later and the guy showed up after all. That's bad...no, that's good because it started pouring and I didn't want to play in the rain. That's good....no, that's bad because now the golf bug was implanted in me. The rain seemed to clear around 2:30 so I went out to my club to golf. That's good...no, that's bad because the rain picked up as I was in the middle of the first hole. That's bad.....no, that's good because I was comitted now. I played 9 holes in the rain, shot a pretty good score, made another birdie with my hybrid, knocked it stiff on another hole, discovered something in my swing.......it was a productive 9 holes!....and fun to be a kid out swinging in the rain (is that being a kid or being Gene Kelly?).


HappyUP!!! - chicken
Why it happened - it rained so I used my electric grill
Why it makes me happy - I forgot that my electric griddle doubles as a grill. You just flip it over. This was the first time I had used it in that fashion. While I would have preferred to BBQ, the chicken turned out delicious. You have the recipe. It's a HappyUP!!! whenever I take the time to cook a meal.

HappyUP!!! -breakfast with the gang
Why it happened - golf cancelled
Why it makes me happy - I was the lone independent amidst the sea of my Democrat adopted family. What a heated table that could become....but it was all in good fun. Though I am an Independent, I am against the extreme left (page down for any of the Barry the Squirrel Hussein Pelossi posts).

HappyUP!!! - catching Sara Palin on the tube
Why it happened - golf cancelled
Why it makes me happy - she was WOWing them in Florida. This lady could do the job just as well as the Squirrel and better than his sidekick....no doubt about it. Of course, that isn't saying a whole heck of a lot. It might actually demean her talents.

JollyJottings

Breakfast
Golf...then no golf...then golf...then no golf...then golf
Chicken
Sara Palin
Hope
Sample Ballot
Warm and Dry
Candles
Rain



No comments: