Tuesday, November 04, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 646

HappyUP!!! - meeting some new guys
Why it happened - things were stacked up on the 18th tee
Why it makes me happy - these guys are good players. They play at the club frequently. Sometimes there are three of them...perhaps I can be a fourth on some days as I expand my golfing circle out at the club. One of the guys said, "nice pass," when I made my swing off the tee. I never see my golf swing. When a good player watches your swing and makes that specific comment, things must be looking pretty good.

HappyUP!!! - birdie as I played through
Why it happened - some gents were nice enough to let me play through
Why it makes me happy - whenever you are allowed to play through in golf, you always want to do well. It isn't a "do or die" thing...it's just something you want to do. It's hard to do better than a birdie.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it was an "on" Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - we had a couple of great speeches. More importantly, we had two guests that really look like they are going to join. New people is what we are all about. If we can bat 2 for 2, that is a home run day!

JollyJottings

Toastmasters
Guests
Playing 18 with some new guys
Birdie when I played through
A tax break
Talking with the pro and assistant

No comments: