Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 668

HappyUP!!! - teeing off early
Why it happened - my buddy and I were ready and the tee was open
Why it makes me happy - we weren't supposed to get to golf yesterday....rain was in the forecast. We
teed off about an hour before we were going to. The rain came down lightly on our last few holes. If we
hadn't gotten out early, we would have been out of luck!

HappyUP!!! - "stuffin it" when playing through
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - one of the assistant pros and another guy that worked in the shop had a foursome that snuck in front of us by teeing it up on the 10th hole. When my buddy and I made the turn, these guys were impeding our progress. They immediately waved us to hit up and play through so all was cool. I ended up hitting a big drive and then, with all of them on the green, stuffing a 9 iron within 8 feet. Yes, this is a form of showing off but it does put a memory into those guys craniums that, "hey, that guy can play a little bit."

HappyUP!!! - visit from a friend
Why it happened - I got a "Happy Thanksgiving" call
Why it makes me happy - it's nice to have a quick lunch with a friend. I don't need to go out to eat.....just stop on by. A meal and some conversation in the middle of the day....nice.

HappyUP!!! - stock market
Why it happened - another good day
Why it makes me happy - I had pretty much pulled out between 2 months and 1 month ago. I decided yesterday to add to a couple of small positions I maintained......and both of the purchases gained by the end of the day. Yes....I fully realize they could tank on Friday but I'm good with these purchases for now. I hadn't bought any stocks in about 2 months due to my disillusionment with how things are run. It made me happy to know I still had a little faith in the system.

JollyJottings

Teeing off earlier than scheduled
Good weather...when it was supposed to be bad
The "Hot Tamale" Shot
Phone call from a friend
Visit from a buddy
Sleep

No comments: